Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day Two, June 2, 2011

The thing that has held me back from doing this blogging stuff, is I just don't believe I write that well.  I can knit, crochet, create and even take pictures and put them onto this site, but write?  difficult for me.  Maybe daily writing will help and it will get better as I go along. 

Today, i finished the flared rose, but am not crazy about how it came out.  I will try it again with maybe finer yarn and i am thinking beads along the edges. 


I started the pansy today!  I love the bright yellow with the deep purple.  

I love crocheting and knitting shapes.  I have knit shapes using short rows, which i really find fun.  If you  knit, you might understand that.  It is a way of changing direction in the middle of a row to create a shape.  It seems like magic to me.  Knitting looks like lines usually, and I love mixing it up.  I knit a starfish once!  That was so cool.  Making that star shape without knitting pieces and sewing them together.  Magic!

Here are some pictures of my yarn stash.  It is VERY unorganized.  I have so much yarn, that I believe I can knit these small items without buying any yarn, for at least this year!  I have been given yarn by many dear friends.  One friend gave me TONS  of yarn when she moved.  Gorgeous yarn!  I make 'magic' scarves using lots of different yarn so many of my knitter friends give me their bits of leftover yarn.  I can and do use it all!

So, one of my flexible rules for this 365 journal, is to not buy any yarn for a year!

Also here are some of my buttons

See the shelf of pattern books and magazines!

Yarn and needles in the two white carts, too.

notice ALL the project bags I have....

You can also see an ENTIRE shelf of pattern books in the above  pictures.  I did buy the 100 flowers book, but I will not need to buy any more pattern books or magazines (ever!) for this project.  Although, I do subscribe to Vogue Knitting...it's an addiction, or as my husband nicely puts it - a hobby!

In addition to these start and finish projects, i have some ongoing projects.  Here is a picture of a cashmere scarf, lace, that I am making. 
Cashmere and linen scarf


 I think that is enough for today.  I will finish the pansy tomorrow and start on the Viola, i think.  It uses the same colors as the pansy.
Love ya!
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment