Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 20

Tomorrow is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year.  It might even be the hottest day so far this year here.  I hate the heat...:-(

Today I did a lot of household chores but not much knitting. 

I finished one piece of lavender.  I hope to make some more.
looks a little bit like a snake in this picture!

I used some purple wool I got a few months ago at a thrift store!  It took a lot of casting on and off which is tricky.  I have been listening to a book while knitting and cooking 'Cold Flat Junction' by Martha Grimes.  It is a good story and very engaging.  I listen and sit and knit and time flies.  Gets me out of thinking about me and all my little problems. 

I started on some more flowers.  This one is knit.  Don't you hate directions that say 'join the petals' without any more information and you can't tell the tip from the bottom of the petal.  Drives me nuts.  I guess i figured it out, but we will see maybe tomorrow.......

Blue and a loopy center

I love my boys but there are days I want to turn the younger one in on a new, less snotty model......  I guess he is being a teen, but there are days I want him to be much younger or much older......*Sigh*

I still need to work on those mittens.  I guess thinking about mittens while it is 100 degrees out is mentally tough for me.  Tomorrow I am going to Going Vertical to work out, go to work and then craftology at 6pm.  I better decide now what to make for dinner or else we might be having pancakes!
See ya!
LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment