Tuesday, June 14, 2011

day 14

Hello all!  It has been a rough day for me.  I said good bye to my sister and her family this morning as they got ready to drive off to their new life in Dallas.  It hit me hard how our extended family is dwindling and changing.  I don't like it.  But I do have to accept it.  I am working on it. 

Now to the knitting.  I finished a little sheep tonight while at our knitting and crocheting group at Craftology.  I asked for help naming her, and Carolyn came up with Beatrice.  Let me know what you think!  This is the same undyed thick and think yarn that Diana gave me.  And some charcoal yarn I have been using for lots of things. 
Here is Beatrice standing on my laptop!

I am starting on a pair of mittens I have wanted to make for a long time.  The pattern is by Jared Flood and is gorgeous and looks fun to knit!  I have several of his patterns, but this will be the first I have made.  I am really looking foward to it.  There is cabling, but also just knit through the back loops, which gives it that twisting look.  I have been going through my stash (I am not allowing myself to buy any new yarn for this project...) and am making some gauge swatches with a couple of yarns.  Right now I am trying to make this with some red Lorna's Laces sock yarn.  I tried some other yarn but I think this will work.  If you look closely, you will see that I have only cast on the stitches.  I made a swatch using size 7, but an going to try this next one with 5's.  Wish me luck!
Mittens!   
I hope you all had a wonderful day, and have a beautiful tomorrow.
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment