Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 68, August 20, 2011

Horses!  I am back making Horses with a vengeance!  Obsessed.  That.s me!  I was working on a magic scarf on Friday and I found this pink novelty yarn that was given to me by my friend Morna and it called out to me - Make me into a Horse's mane!  I went into my stash and I found some chocolate colored wool and llama yarn and I made a horse with PINK feet and I used the pink yarn mixed with some mohair and some rainbow colored yarn, for the mane.  I think she came out cute!

Not sure what to name her.  usually the animals I make start to develop a personality and a name as I make them.  This one has personality, but I have not come up with a good name for her.  Maybe I will just call her Pink..... hmmm.  boring.  She's not dull, so I don't think that will work.  I just took another good look at her and I think I will name her Truffle!  She looks like a chocolate/raspberry truffle!! :-)

Then, I had to start ANOTHER horse!  I had some bulkier yarn and I wanted to make one with that.  It is super, super soft - maybe some cashmere in it - and it is a self striping shades of brown.  It is almost done as I have worked a bit more on it since taking the pictures, but I will finish tomorrow and take another picture.  I made a smaller - pony - version.  This one looks like a surfer dude, so I may name him Ocean, or Kai.  Let me know what you think!
Ocean in progress

Truffle' profile 

She is staring right at you with her lilac eyes!



1 comment:

  1. I love the pink mane. I'm still looking for a unicorn from someone.

    ReplyDelete