Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4, June 4, 2011

It is June in Sacramento, but feels like  December.  It rained all day!  I don't like the heat of our typical Sacramento summers, but this rain is beginning to get me down.....  The upside is I feel completely okay with not going out and just staying home and knitting!

Today I was busy with several outings and got to spend some time with my pal Ashley and her daughter GG which was a barrel of laughs!  I love being around all that girl energy as I live in a home with all men, own husband, two boys.  Also, Ash fed me some yummy beef stew for lunch.  mmmmm. 
GG has some great dolls and she got most of them out to play with!! 

I also got to spend time with my friend Morna, fellow knitter, who did some show and tell with a beautiful lace and beaded scarf she is almost done with!

I did finish the horse today.  I asked my son Harrison to give her a name as he is usually great with coming up with names for animals but he was not inspired to name this horse.  So I am calling her Zinnia and her pictures are below.
She has blue eyes and a wild mane! 


Can you think of a better name than Zinnia?

And i just started on the carrots, which for some reason I have been very excited about knitting!  I may not have bought that book if it was not for the carrots and the snap peas (they are next!) 

I made a start on these while watching the new(ish) Star Trek Movie

I do love knitting shapes!  That is why I like this horse pattern better than the other one I tried and why I like these carrots. 

It's been a good day, and I see the sun is starting to shine now at 7:30pm.  Maybe I will go out and watch the sunset.  Got to get the sun while it is out...
I will have lots of time tomorrow to knit because I was planning on going to The Market Place in Rancho Cordova to help my friend Liz at her craft booth, but that sale has been moved to the second Sunday. 
Tomorrow i will finish the carrots and start on the peas.  I also want to get some more work done on my cashmere scarf.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
LJ

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lanie-

    I love this idea of blogging about your 365 project. I wish you fulfillment in your daily successes. Love you!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My favorite is the little blue-eyed horse but the carrots are adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete