Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 8

Day 8.  

The sun is out!  Hurray!  I have no idea why I not only baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies but I also made chicken soup and biscuits.  Yum!  It was really a cold weather meal, but everyone liked it.  I often bake when I am anxious or feeling like nesting.  Baking calms me down.  So does knitting, actually.  The lace scarf I am working on is so simple and the yarn is so soft - cashmere - that it is a very relaxing project to knit.   
I was looking a friend's pictures on facebook today.  He is someone I reconnected with using facebook - new technolgy for this old lady!  and I noticed he wrote that he was widowed.  We went to school together from elementary to grade 9.  The last time i saw him was probably in 1977.  But, I have a soft spot in my heart for him.  It made me meloncholy to know he has a 13 year old daughter, and his wife died last year.  I realized I know a few widows, but no widowers.  It got me thinking about what is important to me in my life today.  The biggest joys in my life today is my family, and our only real problem is financial.  So I guess we are doing pretty well. It also got me thinking about being a kid you never imagine that you or your friends will actually grow up and become adults, and parents.  I don't know.  It all seems so weird.  
I write this blog daily, but I am not thinking that anyone will actually read it.  Maybe some of my pals will look at the pictures...
Anyway, here is the knitting update -

I finished the Blue Butterfly.  
I think i will make another one soon! 
And I started on the Morning Glory -white with a green stem and leaf
Morning Glory
Now it is off to the knitting group at Peet's!  Have a nice evening all.
Lanie

1 comment:

  1. Lanie,

    I bet people are reading. Too bad you can't track that - or maybe you can. Wanted to comment on the widower friend. My son-in-law's father passed away recently, actually a week before his first grandchild was born. I was thinking this morning about how he is the first person in my generation that I was close to that has died. You watch as your parents generation goes but when it starts in your own generation it hits home, at least for me. Makes me want to savor every moment and take care of myself better. It want to have as much time as I can with my kids and grandkids.

    Enjoying your posts. Keep up the good work. Glad to see you are going to the gym again. I need to do that too.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete