Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 18

Saturday evening.  Lots of my older son's friends are making their way home from college and stopping by to say hello.  I love seeing them!  They are like my sons!   I love having my extended family around!  They let me hug them and they talk to me and call me mom....  such sweet boys.  And we had a house full of the younger sons friends a few days go.  I miss having the house full of kids...so I am making sure to enjoy it while it lasts. 
Today I worked some more on my ENVY monster.  I finished - completely some hair bands and I began, a few times, making a second fair isle pincushion.  I made one a few months ago, and it is tricky to work the pattern correctly, but I keep trying because i love how they turn out.  I also get to pick out a great vintage button to put on top when it is done!
Here is a picture of the hair bands.  I love, love, love, the way the  one with the pink center turned out.  I may put that one on etsy.
hair bands!

Here is the beginning work on the pincushion.  The wool is by elemental Affects.  I used that yarn for a pair of Fair Isle socks.  That was a very challenging and satisfying project.  If i remember, i will put a picture of those on here.  Anyway, it is a wool yarn that is very 'sticky'.  it sticks very well to itself. I had a bunch left over and it works well for this pincushion project.  Little size one needles.  I bought some Addi Turbo double points for this project and the stitches slip so nicely in the rounds with this wool.  I will find the pincushion and put a photo of that on too.

I am using the red and pink to make the fleur de lis.


Tomorrow is Fathers day and I am not sure what we are doing.  My brother in law and his family may be stopping by on their drive home. 
Hope all you are well and happy,
Love, Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment