Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 13

When I woke up this morning I was not sure exactly what my day was going to look like.  I knew I had to work a little at the shop, but many other things I needed to do were flexible.  My sister Terry is here for one more day and she did pick a pattern for a vest for me to knit for her.  We did have the option to go shopping for yarn for her, but we ended up deciding to go to Turlock with Zander to see him play a soccer game.  I used to spend all my weekends at soccer games and tournaments and since he went off to college, my weekends are free!  It has taken me almost this whole last school year to realize and get used to having free weekends.  But I do miss watching soccer games.
We had fun!  Zander drove, the weather was HOT, but i got some color, watched some good soccer and had fun hanging out with my sister.  The boys lost the game, but it was a very competitive game and fun to watch. 
The other good news is that I got my knitting and crocheting done on the drive down and back.  It's about a 2 hour drive one way. 
I made some mice!  Much better than the real mice my cats bring in - sometimes live, sometimes dead.  Ugh.
Eeek!  a mouse!


And the I started on a finger puppet.  These are super cute, so if it turns out, i will make a bunch of puppets.
Little girl finger puppets


I am learning some things not only about my crafting but other things while working on this 365 project..  Like I need to take a bit more time and be willing to start over when things do not go well and improve my finishing techniques, but that I can be inspired by almost anything.  I also need to get some more self confidence with my skills.  I love seeing my little items come to life.  It's amazing watching the 'string' twirl around and become something.  I do enjoy it.  The other thing I have learned is I cannot make things I don't really like.  Or work with yarn that does not feel good.  I have done both things many times, but I am too old to be always doing things I don't like.  I do many things I have to do, so I need to do some things I like doing!  Sounds like a big DUH but I learn things slowly..........
Enjoy the heat,
see you tomorrow,
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment