Friday, June 3, 2011

Day Three, June 3, 2011

It has been a wild day.  I am on a self care, self improvement kick.  I am writing this blog, keeping up with starting and finishing a project each day, working and I started going back to the best gym in the  world - Alex Van Dyke's Going Vertical!  I went regularly for about 4 years, and have not been for a year.  and have done nothing else except put on weight......  I am very out of shape!  I felt better when I used  to go there regularly.  I slept better, was stronger and just all around felt good.  I am not an athlete, I hate running, but I can go to this gym where they work with athletes, mostly, and then they have cardio (I call it the old fat ladies..., but they don't!).  I love it there, because it works, and they are so supportive and positive,  and have a sense of humor.  We 'old ladies' find camaraderie in complaining about how hard it - how hard the workouts are.  *Sigh*  I am sore, but content.
Which is great, because I have been discontent for awhile (of  course, we are broke, flat broke, which also leads me to feel low).  Hence, the self care - exercise, creativity plus all the other things I do.  I need to get used to doing things that are good for me.  It's a 53 year process.....

OK.  Knitting and crocheting.  I finished the pansy.  One thing I have discovered about the book I bought, I am not crazy about how the directions are written.  I am going to have to take a little more time to read through the next one before I pick what I am going to make!  So. the project I will start for tomorrow will be a surprise (to me, too!)


Here is the pansy
I think it looks better in the picture!
 I started a knitted horse today.  I have made several of them, and one is for sale on my etsy site.  This one is made with yarn given to me by my pal, Morna.  I had another horse pattern, and i was working on it over the weekend when I realized there was not nearly enough yarn to finish it so I pulled it all out!  This horse pattern does not take that much yarn so I am confident I can finish it.  It is interesting yarn.  Has several colors and two textures.  The soft single ply yarn with a ladder type yarn mixed in that make it a bit shiny.  The colors go from browns to very light purple.  Not really purple, more of a lilac hue.  I think the mane will be a heathered brown alpaca yarn I have and the I will use some dark brown yarn for the hooves. 
It is hard to believe this mess will be turned into a cute stuffed animal!

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so we put off the yard sale we were going to particpate in at our friend Teri's house.  I can spend more time knitting!  Yeah!
Love you,
Lanie

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You are a wonderful magical creative woman and I applaud a year of recorded creativity!

    Love Marcia

    ReplyDelete