Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 15

I hate the heat.  It is hard to knit with anything but cotton, or maybe silk in the heat.  Luckily, the flowers I am making to sell at the Folsom Thursday Night fair tomorrow are being made with a cotton blend.!  I have been turning the flowers into pins.  My lovely friend Liz has a booth at the fair and is taking some of my pony tail holders and my pins.  I will be there for a few hours helping her, too.  She makes beautiful wind chimes, hangings and stained glass pieces.  Come on out and enjoy the Thursday Night in Folsom.  I hear it is tons of fun (I have never been!)
Anyway, it has been hard to settle down to knitting or crocheting today.  I made some flowers, like I said, but now I cannot find them to take a photo!  Once I get finished with dinner which is in the oven on this hot day, I will go look for the flowers which I a sure I put somewhere 'safe'!

I was making them while watching the oddest movie "Kings and Coronets" I think was the title.  Alec Guiness plays about 8 people in the movie including one woman....  It was a very strange old black and white murder mystery.  They kept killing off the Alec Guiness characters.

Okay, I found the flowers.
I love looking through all the vintage buttons and deciding on one to use.


There is the back of one.


Tonight is our knitting night, usually at Peet's, but they are closing early so we are meeting at my newly retired friend Ellen's house!  I have gathered up yarn to work on a striped ball so that is what I am starting on today.  Although, I am also needing to work on another gauge swatch for the mittens.  I also found a pattern for a crocheted basket.  I want to make one and put the veggies I have made, and some more that I want to make.  Also some flowers.
Yarn choice overload!

I am discombobulated.  Here are some pictures that reflect my inner mess.  I began to rifle through my yarn to decide what to do next and here is the result:


I wish I could not only organize my yarn and patterns and accessories, but keep them in order.  It is a struggle.......

Should i organize by yarn weight?  Color?  type?  argh.
Have fun all, I am off to the knitting group.  More tomorrow!   Love, Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment