Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 6

It has not been a great day for being creative.  Dreary weather and dreary finances.  We have our own business, car repair, and it has been a good business for us for years.  Weathering the ups and downs of the economy has finally taken its toll on us.  I know it will all work out, it always does.  And what I find so interesting is that i pick this time to put some attention on me, and my creativity.  I have no idea what that means or what this daily writing and creating will do. 

What i have noticed so far is that I spend more time thinking about my work and how to do better.  I want to improve my skills and so i am paying more attention to the details as I go along.

I am sure more will be revealed.....

I finished a pea pod and started another one with different yarn.  I like learning how to make those dashes of yarn with crochet!

I want to continue to try and find the right color yarn for the pea pods.


 I also made some Apple Blossom flowers today.  They are so cute!  Simple to make but I think they have personality!



When i think about making something for this project, i go through my patterns and when I pick one, I pull out my yarn and take out the colors and types of yarn that I think will work.  Sometimes I have to work out how to use a color I like if it is not the correct weight.  I doubled the yarn on one of the pea pods to make it work. Then I find the right hook or knitting needle and cast on and go!

Here is a picture of the yarn I have chosen to work on next - a Bumble Bee!
You can see the picture of the bumble bee in the book.

Tomorrow we will see the completed Bee and something else.  Not sure what else .... I may even make more carrots!  I do have some crocheted jewelry I want to finish and maybe knit instead of crochet.
Hope you all are well. 
Love,
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment