Sunday, June 12, 2011

day 12

Sunday!  I have not gotten out of the house all day, or even out of my pajamas!!  We all woke up too early and went to bed to late.  Naps all around.  :-)
I had a bit of an emotional hangover from hosting the party and contemplating saying a final good bye to my Dallas bound sister and her family.  *Sigh*
I miss them already and they leave Tuesday!

I did get a lot of hand work done today.  I finished the lamb and a flower or two. 
Little Lamb!  I think I might invest in some black roving as the white shows through.



This lamb needs a name - anyone have an idea?

Here is the flower.  I turned it into a pin.  Some of my items are for sale on etsy and some will be at the Folsom Thursday Night Fair.  Ladies keep asking for the pony tail holders to be made into pins (brooches) so I will be working on a bunch!
Vintage button in the center.  A geranium pattern.... 


While my sister Terry and I were looking through my extensive pattern collection, looking for a pattern for a vest for me to make for her,  I came across a pattern for a mouse.  So, below is a picture of the yarn I have gathered to make a start on it. 
If it was up to me, I would spend all day, or most of it, with breaks for going to Going Vertical to work out, creating stuff with yarn and fiber.  Well, maybe add to that doing it on a house on a beach, with a porch to sit and work in, with breaks for swimming in the warm ocean. 
Okay, now I have gotten off into my fantasy life.....  Back to reality!  Here are the pictures. 

I hope our cats don't chase these!!


I am looking forward to a quiet evening, after a quiet day.  More hilarity tomorrow.  Work, Maybe a trip to Turlock to see Zander play a soccer game.  I may need to make another pie as the ones I made yesterday got RAVE reviews.  I love it when folks enjoy my creations whether they are made with yarn or flour, butter & sugar....it gives me pleasure.
Enjoy your day, your evenings and your family.
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment