Sunday, June 12, 2011

day 11

Day 11.  June 11, 2011

I did not have much time today to knit or crochet.  I finished a flower and started on one.  Cute crocheted flowers I turn into pony tail holders, headbands or pins.

The one with the button is finished!

We had a big party here at our house for my sister and her family.  It was a going away party as they are moving to Dallas....  I am very sad about it, but I know they are doing what they think is best for them.
We had great food, mostly courtesy of our cousin Marie!  Yummy ribs and chicken, bbq'd by her partner Peter, YUM!
I did have time to make 2 pies.  Both turned out Delicious!
This is a blueberry cream cheese.  Soooo good!


And a chocolate Pecan, because everything is better with chocolate!  (and homemade whipped cream!)
One thing i can do is make a mean pie!!

Everyone had a good time, ate well and had a nice visit.  As my kids get older, it seems sometimes our extended family is shrinking.  The kids go off to college and their lives, and they don't come home as often, or when they do, they have many other things they want to do than hang out with us.  Our parents have passed away, and now instead of 3 of the 4 siblings living in the Sacramento area, it will be just two of us.  It is hard to get us all together at once.
I am grateful for the family I do have, for the friends I have, and for the gifts I have been given.  I am tired, and since I started this blog before midnight, it counts for June 11th, I say!
Love ya!
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment