Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 19

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!

I did not get much hand work done today.  The boys gave their dad some cards, I went grocery shopping to get not just regular food but all the ingredients to make some Indian food for dinner, at Peter's request.  I also decided to make a cake for my husband who is a wonderful Dad, as a surprise.  It is a coconut peach layer cake with a whipped cream frosting.  Yum.  I made it one time last year and Peter loved it so I told him I would make it again one day.  It is a delicious cake, but it takes just about every bowl and baking instrument in the kitchen.  Takes as long to clean up as to make and bake!  I am mostly a pie baker, but this cake is worth the effort.  I got the peaches at a local orchard that is about a mile from my house.  Not only local, but very sweet and yummy.
The in-laws descended on our house today- bother in law, sister in law, nephew and a cousin of the sister in law.  They brought food for lunch, and lots of energy!  I finished the cake while all this running around and visiting was taking place.
Lucero, my sister in law, decided to buy a bunch of my cute knitted stuff.  I am so glad that Zinnia, the horse, and one of the sheep, are going to a good home!  She also took the carrots, the pea pod and some hair bands.....!
I made some more flowers.
Since i have sold a bunch, I need to make some more for a Fair this weekend.

I gathered some yarn to begin making lavender. 

I love lavender!  

Tomorrow is June 20, one day till the Summer Solstice!

 I hope to go to bed early tonight and maybe finish this great book I am reading by Anne Lamott, "Traveling Mercies".  I am really enjoying it.  She has a sense of humor I really appreciate.  It is a funny, tender and  spiritual book.  She is, as is said by a critic,  irreverently reverent.!

See you all soon,
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment