Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 56, August 1

We did not get home last night from Redwood City until after midnight and since I had no computer or access to one (no smart phone !) I missed yet another day!

But, I did get a few hours of knitting in while Peter drove.  I finished the coral pillow for my lovely and wonderful sister in law, Sarah.  I like the way it came out and I picked out some pretty vintage buttons for it.  I may take it in a little on the corners before I send it to her.  And, I may wait till the turquoise one is finished and send them together.

I went to Beverly's to buy the pillow form and found a whole bunch of gorgeous yarn on sale, and bought a whole bunch!!!  Cotton and wool, cotton and wool and silk blends in natural colors.  Very soft and nicely made.  And a real clearance price!  I swatched one and then I started on a striped baby cardigan with the denim blue and mint colors!  I am making up for not starting and finishing enough projects!  Also, there are pictures of one of the finished gloves and the almost finished one.  They are kind of big......


Harrison is back home!  Yeah!  I and see that our friend Jennifer just had her baby boy and named him Harrison, so I got the blanket I started months ago for him out and am working on that.  It's an easy crochet pattern and I hope to get it done soon although, it is so hot I can't imagine needing a baby blanket any time soon.....but i would still like to get it to the family.

It did get chilly watching an 8pm game last night in Redwood City and the woman who knits like mad was underdressed, and had no blankets with her....or gloves, or anything.  It was a nice change from this heat !!!  It was fun watching Zander play, and nice to have an outing with Peter. 

Here are the pictures!  Hope you had a nice weekend!
Crocheted blanket for the new baby Harrison!

The finished coral pillow

Swatch!  I want to make a sweater with this. With size 5 i may try 7.

A Debbie Bliss sweater in progress

fingerless mitts,

No comments:

Post a Comment