Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 43

We went and saw the Harry Potter movie this morning!  It was great and great fun to see a matinee on a Friday!  Felt a little like playing hookey!  I did go to work first.  :-)

Then we went to the yarn shop Filati's.  I was looking for some coral colored yarn.  Coral is a very hard color to find!  I was walking around the store trying to find anything coral colored and started talking to another customer who was looking for some orange yarn to match a shawl she was making.  We bonded over our love of the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool Yarn!  I made a wall hanging with it a few years ago and have been looking for another reason to use that yarn.  I love it!  It is sooooo soft, and comes in many wonderful colors.  it is a bit tweed and the color are so rich and deep.  Yum! 

I have not spent much time in a yarn shop in the past year or so as I have so much yarn, and i have been trying not to buy more so it was a great to spend time there petting all the yarn and looking at all the patterns. 

I could not find the right yarn in the right color for the pillow I am making for my sister in law, Sarah, but the woman at the yarn shop showed me the color card for  Cascade 220 superwash wool and I found the one that really looked like coral to me.  I have some turquoise Cascade 220 that I am using to make Sarah one pillow so I wanted to use that same brand t make the other pillow.  I took the number of the coral yarn and easily found it on the Jimmy Beans Wool website and turns out that yarns name is - Coral!  Hurray!  I have looked, on and off, since Christmas time for a coral yarn. 

So the only knitting I did today was to work on the cabled turquoise pillow.  It is a pretty easy pattern for me to follow and fun to knit.  I may take out the bamboo needles and use some addi turbos (metal) if I have them in the right size. 

I have to re-evaluate this starting and finishing a project everyday.  I have not been able to adhere to it these past few days. 

Here is the cabled pillow. 

Now i cannot wait to get the Coral yarn in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment