Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 36

7-7-11

Should be a lucky day for someone with those numbers!

I worked on my collage a bit today.  I took apart a picture to maybe use it for the collage base, but I don't think it is right.  I found a box I think I will use. It is the right size and I like that it will have depth with its two inch sides.  More on that another day.

I made some more  flowers, and am working on a knitted Dahlia. 

I have been listening  to a book on tape which I often do while I am cooking or cleaning.  I get burnt out on listening to NPR and i seem to need more mental stimulation than I get from music.  While listening to this book, 'Cold Flat Junction' by Martha Grimes not only was I engrossed in the story, but I got thinking about story telling and writing.  I don't think much of my own writing, and I wonder what it takes to be a 'good' writer.  Is it being clever?  Good with words?  I know that while listening to this book I got a good picture of the characters, the setting and what the main character was like.  The author painted a wonderful picture of that small town and all its people.  I was also constantly amazed at how the author could use words so perfectly, so succintly, to give the reader just the right emotion.  And, the author was able to exactly describe how the thinking of one person goes in many directions.  I know I can start on one thing and it leads me to something else and then something else....  Martha Grimes did that so beautifully, I was enthralled.  And it got me thinking about writing. 

I never dreamed of being a writer, and author or anything like that.  I am doing this for other creative reasons, but i would like to be able to write better, to really get on paper, (or here in the ether) how I see things, how I feel or what it is like for me to take sticks and string and create something.
Enough about that!
Here are the pictures of the work in progress and some finished flowers:-)

My blue period!!


See you all soon!
LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment