Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 41, July 13

Okay - found the camera.  So there are several pictures below.  Today, I finished a bunch of flowers,  Put buttons on and attached them to headbands.  My niece will take some to the Corn Festival at Sloughhouse this Saturday.

I was listening to NPR today and caught part of an interview with a writing teacher and author who gave me something to think about.  I may have to go back and try to listen to that interview again.  She teaches a class about writing memoirs.  She talked a lot about deciding what story you are telling.  "what is the story about?'.  What story are you trying to tell.  Anyway, I am not explaining what I heard very well.  i am thinking more about my writing and I hope to get more focused. 

I think I am on the rather well worn phrase of 'a journey of self discovery' through creating with sticks and string.  But that not is the story I want to tell, exactly.  Maybe I don't want to tell a story at all.  This is a journal, not a memoir but many  of the things she said were helpful and I will do some more thinking about it.

I made this basket last night.

Flowers!

on little headbands.

I made two of these baskets yesterday along with the larger pumpkin

Pumpkin!

Two pumpkin friends

I want to make enough fruits and veggies to fill these three baskets to try and sell.  Maybe kids would like to play with them in their little kitchens!  I will have to make time tomorrow to knit.... 
Love,
Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment