Monday, August 1, 2011

day 57

So now all i am doing is starting things!  Buying new yarn always rejuvenates my interest in knitting, plus I bought the new Interweave Weekends knits magazine.....  now i want to make  many of the things in that magazine.!  I am going to make the cutest coat for my pal GG (she is almost 5!) with some bulky yarn and great buttons.  The pattern calls for Cascade Eco+ which I have used before and I love!  It gets softer and softer as it is worked with.  Very nice yarn!

I started a bag called 'hold everything tote' with some cotton yarn by Bernat that I bought (cheap) at Eco Thrift!  I am, of course, having a bit of trouble with the pattern as it is a 'lace' pattern, but i think i've got it now. 

I also ordered yarn to make a baby blanket for our friend Mike who is having his first son in october.  It is a pattern from a Berrocco book of afghans all made with Berrocco comfort yarn.  It's a vintage inspired pattern and I cannot wait to get started on that too.
I also want to start on a cute vest/pullover for my niece with a little penguin in it.
I did finish a flower, from a new pattern I got from Interweave.....
More projects to follow!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment