Thursday, August 18, 2011

day 66, August 18

Okay - it was a good day!  Even though almost everything I was planing to do got changed.  I ended up having a bunch of time to knit this morning, so I took the flowers I had finished and I attached them to hair bands.  I will take them to the craft fair and my niece is taking some to her doula gathering to have in her booth.

I finished three carrots and I tried making a pear.  I am not completely happy with the pear, so i started on another one.  The pictures are below. 

By the way, my knitting class is going well, i think.  They have learned to knit and purl - continental style!  I wish I had learned continental style first.  But I taught myself this technique a few years ago.  But what is great about knowing both is it makes Fair Isle knitting easier because I can hold the  yarns in each hand.  I like purling sooooo much better with continental.

Finished pear and one in progress


Cute carrots!

A whole bunch of head bands with flowers

1 comment:

  1. Do you sit at your computer and knit? I see a lot of your photos on your keyboard. Maybe that's just the spot you take the pictures?

    ReplyDelete