Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 67

I finished another pear.  I like it, but i want to try it in a bulkier yarn.  I like knitting fruits and veggies!  It's fun.

The project I started today is another magic scarf.  This is how I do it.  I gather up my stash, or some of it, and i pull out yarns i like, that I think go together, and I wind different lengths of them, tie them together and i get a ball of magic yarn!  Yarn that magically changes as you work with it!  I try to keep the weight of the yarn some what consistent, but it does vary.

This ball I just wound is mostly reds.  I am also going to start on another horse tonight.  I got out my friends ball winder and I am winding some skeins of yarn I have.  I am also going to wind the mohair I want to use for my friend's afghan.  I ordered some ribbon to use with it to make a Colinette pattern I have.  Its a pretty throw and I think it will make a nice wedding present.

Here are some pictures:

my little pear sitting on some just wound yarn I will use for the horse!

MAGIC

No comments:

Post a Comment