Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 65, August 17th

One of the reasons I started this 365 project was to be more disciplined.  I realize now that I do not always have the time and energy to do both - knit and write about it.  I very often start and finish a project but the idea of taking the pictures, downloading them and then writing about it puts me over the top! 

I do wonder what I am learning about my creativity.  I am not sure yet.



Here is the update.  I finished three scarves!  Three nesting bowls!  and today I started on another carrot.  I want to make a bunch of carrots this time. 
I will be at a craft fair September 17th at the Methodist Hospital in Sacramento.  I am trying to get some scarves ready for it and some other stuff.  People seem to like the 'magic' scarves I make so I made two of them so far and I have several already.  I also made a nice varigated blue one with some interesting yarn.  I wanted to make a scarf for my cousin Marie, but she is very allergic to wool, alpaca, anything from an animal so I was challenged to find a really nice, soft, man made yarn.  I bought some at i think Rumplestilskin, and it is all acrylic, soft and really cushy!  Can't believe it is acrylic...  anyway, she loved it!  It was mostly pinks, grays and white.  The one I made that will be pictured here is blues/purples.  Very soft and pretty!

I plan on make some more hairbands for my niece Jennifer to take to her Doula gathering and I want to make some more veggies and fruits!

Carrot in process

Two scarves - one Magic, one made with acrylic blue

Another magic scarf - i am seeing a purple/blue theme!

crocheted nesting bowls, the ends need weaving in.

Here is another set of completely finished nesting bowls

The finished pillows for the wonderful Sarah!



I have also finished the first panel of five of the beautiful vintage inspired baby blanket!  I love it!  I will try to keep to my 365 commitment.....!!


No comments:

Post a Comment