Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 75

I really like knitting fingerless mitts1  I started on a pair today.  It helps that the yarn I am using is Alpaca!  Soooo super soft!  I may teach a project class making them, so I need to make a sample pair.  I have made LOTS of gloves, with and without fingers, but I need to make a pair from a pattern that is simple.

I finished the Palamino horse - she has LONG legs :-)  I decided to name her Lucy because she has red and gold hair.... 
I also gathered some yarn to make another horse -the same cashmere blend brown striped yarn I made Ocean from and some variegated blue/purple yarn that I may use for a horse or for a small  Christmas stocking. 

I like the rhythm of knitting ribs with continental style knitting.  knit, purl, just use the left hand and move the yarn from front to back rhythmically. 

I also lined the crocheted lace purse I made for my friend Heidi. 


Here are the pictures.
Soft alpaca yarn, fingerless mitts.


Lucy the long legged horse

Lined.....


No comments:

Post a Comment